The SHS-Lab is led by Philipp Aichinger, who was awarded in 2009 a Dipl.-Ing. (equiv. MSc.) in Electrical Engineering / Audio Engineering by the Graz University of Music and Performing Arts, Austria, and in 2015 a PhD in Signal Processing by the Graz University of Technology, Austria. His current research interests include hearing research, pattern recognition, machine learning, psychoacoustics, signal processing, medical statistics, diagnostic studies, speech acoustics; voice disorders, voice quality, image processing, and data science. Philipp authored as a first author eight peer-reviewed journal papers and nine peer-reviewed conference papers. Philipp is principal investigator of the Austria Science Fund (FWF) Grant KLI-722-B30.
CV Philipp Aichinger (1,4 MB, PDF)
Vinod Devaraj studied Electrical Engineering / Information Technology, with a focus on Digital Communications, at the Christian-Albrechts-University (CAU) in Kiel, Germany (MSc). His Master thesis focused on Medical signal processing is entitled “Computer simulation of motor nerve signal in case of Dispersion and Conduction Block”. Vinod is currently pursuing his PhD in objective voice quality characterization. His research interests concern bio-signal processing and pattern recognition.
CV Vinod Devaraj (371 KB, PDF)
Sridhar Bulusu studied Electrical and Electronic Engineering in Imperial College London and was awarded an MEng in 2012. His master thesis focussed on “Optimal H-2 norm reduction”. Following that he started studying Physics and finished his BSc in 2016. His bachelor thesis was on the “Geometry of 2-qubit states”. Currently Sridhar is working on the “Extraction of Vocal Fold parameters from videokymograms” and is pursuing his MSc in physics.
CV Sridhar Bulusu (82 KB, PDF)
Advisors & co-workers
Important advisors and co-workers of the SHS-Lab include the following:
- Doris-Maria Denk-Linnert (Medical University of Vienna, Austria)
- Jean Schoentgen (Université libre de Bruxelles, Belgium)
- Franz Pernkopf (Graz University of Technology, Austria)
- Martin Hagmüller (Graz University of Technology, Austria)
- Gernot Kubin (Graz University of Technology, Austria)
- Francesco Moscato (Medical University of Vienna, Austria)
- Xavier Pelorson (Univ. Grenoble Alpes, France)
- Stefan Kniesburges (Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Germany)